Monday, May 19, 2014

Thing 17: Connecting to Community

For Thing 17 I searched for apps useful to the Fargo-Moorhead community.  I downloaded the FM Mobile Coupons app.  The app itself is clunky, but it has a simple layout that gets the job done.  This app would be really great if more businesses were using it.  I'm not sure that there is much awareness of this app either.  There weren't any app store reviews for it. 

I also checked out Minnesota 511.  This app is not updated frequently enough for it to be of real use.  Traffic and road construction alerts aren't really helpful unless they're updated daily - this app seems to be updated weekly at its best.  I would use this app frequently if I knew I could count on it.  I traveled I94 between Fargo and Alexandria this weekend and the app didn't note any of the three construction areas I went through.

I really like the Minnesota State Fair app - I think it works well and captures the atmosphere of the Fair in a great way.  I hope that I get a chance to use this one this summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment