Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Thing 19: Hobbies

I am moving into a bigger apartment at the end of June and one of my hobbies lately has been looking at ways to decorate, organize, and arrange the new apartment.  I love using Pinterest for DIY furniture ideas.  Now I just have to get motivated enough to actually try them out.  Pinterest also has a lot of clever ideas for apartments and apartment patios. 

One home decor app that I found for this Thing was Houzz Interior Design.  This has a lot of cool features, but my favorite one is Ideabooks.  Ideabooks basically has a lot of different curated lists and articles that are browseable by topic.  It seems like it's very interactive, with Houzz, interior decorators, and Houzz subscribers contributing to content.

One app that I'd like to buy is HomeDesign DIY Interior Floor Layout Space Planning and Hours Decorating.  First of all, that name has got to be changed.  This app allows you to create a scale floor plan and then add furniture and other items to see if they will really fit in your space.  This app is $4.99.  The reviews are not great overall, so maybe I'll see if it goes on sale or free before I check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment