Friday, February 28, 2014

Thing 2: Mobile Device Tips

As the iPad coordinator on my campus I feel fairly comfortable using the features of my iPad, especially because I also train students on the iPad.  The video by App Find on iOS7 discussed some features that I was aware of but also introduced me to several new features.

I normally use Google Chrome as my default browser because I like that I can connect easily with my other Google accounts and bookmarks.  However, the shared links feature that Safari offers is exciting.  I have a Twitter account and currently I'm following so many people that my Feed seems like too much to read sometimes.  If I just looked at the shared links I can quickly find out if anyone is sharing great content through Twitter.

I had heard about the time stamps on texts but I have a hard time swiping just right to get it to work (it usually takes me a few tries - I experience the same thing when trying to access my iPad's control panel).  The time stamps are important because often I look to see how much time has passed between texts to determine if I'm leaving my friends hanging for too long.

I haven't found a use for the level feature of the Compass utility yet, but it looks like an awesome tool.

Learning about new features is exciting - it's also exciting to share features.  My brother-in-law recently got an iPhone and it was fun to teach him some of my favorite features.


- April

No comments:

Post a Comment