Friday, February 28, 2014

Thing 4: Keeping Up

I have used both Zite and Flipboard fairly often since I got my iPad.  Of the two I prefer Zite.  Zite reminds me of Pandora Radio.  I read what I am interested in and have the option to give feedback about why I like it.  Zite shows me the tags given to the article and I choose which tags match what I liked about the article.  Then Zite builds more related content into my next magazine.  I can also see which of my previous tags the article matches, which tells me why Zite showed it to me.

Flipboard helps you save more content, into your own "magazines."  However, Flipboard doesn't allow me to keep curating my content to my interests, which makes a lot less of the articles flipboard features interesting to me.

Zite's layout is also much easier to understand and use.

Another RSS app I use is Pulse by LinkedIn.  Pulse allows you to subscribe to "channels" which show you content from those websites or organizations.  A lot of the channels are job/career related, but there are many channels that focus on entertainment.  I don't use LinkedIn Pulse as much as Zite, simply because there is more to sort through before I find content that interests me.

No comments:

Post a Comment