Monday, April 28, 2014

Thing 10: Sharing Photos

The apps listed for Thing 10 are Instagram and Snapchat.  I already use both of these apps, although not as frequently as others.  I don't take a lot of pictures, although I do enjoy seeing what other people are sharing.  Does that make me a lurker? 

In my experience, Instagram is great for following photos by celebs.  I think that I just might be more of the Facebook generation, because all of the people I know personally see tend to post photos there more than on Instagram.  Instagram for the iPad has a sloppy interface; the app is built for smart phones, which becomes obvious when you use it on your iPad.  I'm also not a big fan of the how hashtags appear in Instagram.  If Instagram built a smoother iPad app I think I'd use it more than I use their current app.

I also use Snapchat on occasion.  Again, I think this just might be a generational gap thing.  I only have one friend who uses Snapchat on a regular basis.  I kind of find Snaps more intruding than text messages.  There's more steps to viewing them than to viewing a message that comes through by text.  The feature that might be the most useful is the ability to limit the amount of time viewers can see your Snaps.  Unless they're savvy enough to get a screen shot, you don't have to worry much about photos getting saved without your permission.  And Snapchat lets you know if someone does take a screenshot. 

After revisiting each of these apps I don't think that I will increase my use of either of them, unless Instagram comes up with a better iPad app.

No comments:

Post a Comment