Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thing 8: Social Media Management Tools

I run a Facebook page for our library and usually use Facebook's Pages app to schedule and manage posts.  This app works well for the things I'm posting.  I typically schedule most of my posts for the week ahead of time and then let Pages post for me as the week progresses.  I can add photos, locations, and choose the exact time that I want future posts to be made.

I explored HootSuite for this Thing as well.  I connected my library's Facebook page with HootSuite and it works very similarly to Pages, with the addition of translation and shrinking links.  The translation option is awesome, but I don't have any reason to translate most of my posts.  Shrinking links is also a great idea, although Pages basically does the same thing automatically with a thumbnail that you can click on instead of the link.  You can also direct message contacts, although when I post I'm normally posting for my entire following audience.

Because I'm already comfortable and don't need another social media management system I'll stick with Facebook Pages for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment