Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Thing 15: Infographics

Infographics are GREAT!  They are a great way to share synthesized information and statistics, as well as catch your audience's attention.  We had a dinner event earlier this year to share information about our campus with members of the community and were asked to create flyers about our departments.  I created an infographic about the library instead of a standard handout using the online Piktochart tool.  I would much rather read an infographic than a pamphlet because it makes information more memorable. 

The Infographics Hub app has a lot of great infographics but is kind of a bummer because it's so glitchy.  It was constantly freezing and I had to kill the app several times to exit out of different infographics.  If the app itself worked better it would be an awesome tool.  I search for library and librarian infographics but none were available.  Quite a few of the infographics I viewed were created by companies so that's something to consider when looking at the information presented.

The Info.graphics app is very similar to Infographics Hub, although it has a nicer look.  It was also kind of glitchy.  I'm not sure if it's because of the amount of data the apps are accessing or what, but it was frustrating to use these apps.  I found more infographics that would be useful for an academic library using Info.graphics.  I'd stick with this app for searching and browsing categories.

No comments:

Post a Comment