Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thing 7: Content Sharing and Saving

I am a Pinterest addict.  It's useful and entertaining.  I find ideas for library programming, recipes, home decor, gifts, and more using Pinterest.  If I'm looking for a recipe I'll start with a Pinterest search, rather than a Google search.  I love that I can add my own content to Pinterest as well as view content added by others.

One pin described Pinterest as a form of digital hoarding, which is a pretty accurate description.  If you like a pin, you'd better pin it or you might not find it again.  With over 3.5K pins, my boards have become a little unwieldy and need to be reorganized.  I wish that you could create sub-boards for your existing boards.  But hey, that's a librarian for you.

One thing I love is the ability to follow only certain content from your Pinterest friends.  I can follow my sister's recipe board, but I don't have to follow her knitting board (Pinterest is a gold mine for crafters, which I am not).

It's easy to share content with your friends and followers.  You can even view related pins to the one you're looking at, which I've found helpful on numerous occasions.  Pinterest has quickly become my favorite social media site.

No comments:

Post a Comment