Monday, April 28, 2014

Thing 13: Presentations

Working with college students who use tablets daily has introduced me to a lot of presentation apps, including Keynote, Slideshark, Prezi, PowerPoint, HaikuDeck, Nearpod, Flowboard, SlideIdea, and Educreations.  Out of all of the options I have explored I use Slideshark the most, simply because it is easy to use and loads my PC-created PowerPoints easily and doesn't mess with the formatting.

HaikuDeck is great if you have the flexibility to use their images.  Some of them don't really fit with the academic presentations that our students are expected to give.  They might work if you have a more general topic, but otherwise they are ill-fitting.  I ended up deleting this app because I just didn't like the layout.

I really like how professional slides can look using Flowboard.  There's a lot of great ways to layout content and link to videos and other media.  Flowboard would be my choice for presenting on business topics because it has an extra polish that some of the other presentation apps don't offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment