Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Thing 14: Videos

I have some experience creating videos with my iPad using the iMovie app.  iMovie has a lot of great features and editing options.  I really love the trailer creator - I've used this a few times on my campus and our students are using it various ways in class.

I decided to check out Vine because I keep seeing examples of libraries using it to advertise services and materials.  Vine is very simple to use and I like being able to explore different categories of Vines that other users have created.  The format looks a little like Instagram, which I'm not a huge fan of.  I do like that you can post right to Facebook.  I use our library's Facebook to send updates to students and it would be a great way to let people know what new items the library has received.

Magisto takes a lot of the work out of creating a movie.  You choose the images or video that you want to use, choose one of their pre-selected songs, and let Magisto put the movie together.  Magisto puts together pretty cool videos and the videos center on people fairly well.  I also like all of the options that Magisto gives you to share your videos.

Magisto and Vine are both good options for sharing information about the library.  I think it would be cool to use Magisto to create ads for events that are coming up on campus as well as to highlight what's going on in the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment