Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thing 9: Taking and Editing Photos

I don't usually do a lot of photo editing, except maybe to fix red eye or crop to fit.  For this Thing I checked out LINE Camera and Color Splurge.

I found it frustrating that both of these apps only worked in portrait mode and would not switch to landscape on my iPad.  Landscape mode is easier for me to navigate.

LINECamera had great options for photo collages, which I use a lot in library marketing.  It included a lot of different formats - something that is hard to find in other photo collage apps.  Some of the Beauty editing features were a bit comical, as they seemed to give the photo subjects an anime look.  I also don't know what I would do with the stamps feature - I think that stuff is kind of cheesy.  Younger kids would probably think this app is fun.  If I use this app it would be for the collage features only.

Color Splurge was a fun app, but includes a lot of adds that caused the app to crash over and over.  I think that adding a pop of color to black and white photos is a fun concept.  However, this app's tendency to crash made it hard to get anything accomplished - I probably won't use this one again.

No comments:

Post a Comment